Our global construction group is comprised of Orascom Construction subsidiaries, The Weitz Company, Contrack Watts Inc., and Watts Constructors. Collectively, we specialize in Commercial, Federal, and Industrial construction projects with a best-in-class Supply Chain segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
We view employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. That’s why we provide team members a career (not just a job), supported by learning and development opportunities, and a positive, collaborative work environment. We offer the resources of a large company, while preserving our small company feel. Employees are encouraged to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way! Community involvement, diversity and inclusion, and employee empowerment are central to our Company’s culture.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Rewarding Bonus Program
- Comprehensive Benefits Package with Tax-Advantaged HSA and FSA offerings
- Employer-Paid Short and Long Term Disability Programs
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Products including: Pet Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Corporate Wellness Program with Wellness Time Off and Rewards
The Weitz Company is seeking a Project Safety Manager to be located in Virginia.
The Project Safety Manager is responsible for site leadership over an assigned project site. This includes implementing consistent company safety standards and programs, providing safety training, supporting preconstruction safety planning, and performing job-site safety audits and incident investigations. This position reports to the Regional Safety Manager.
What You'll Do:
- Keeps project site informed of safety regulatory changes and implementation of updates
- Facilitates safety knowledge and expertise to project team through training and mentoring
- Champions positive safety culture within assigned project site including completing projects without safety incidents and eliminating/controlling safety risk and claim exposure
- Facilitates safety inspections to evaluate levels of compliance; supports inspections by third party representatives and OSHA inspectors if Safety Manager is unavailable
- Assembles and maintains site safety documentation (i.e. hot work permits, GFCI inspections, confined space permits, excavation permits)
- Participates in the creation of the project safety plan
- Performs project industrial hygiene assessments (i.e. noise monitoring, air monitoring)
- Verifies and assists in assembling of incident investigation facts for evaluation and ‘How It Happened’ reports
- Proactively identifies safety improvement initiatives or trainings based on observations and industry knowledge
- Ensures injury claims are reported to the claim coordinator; actively assists Safety Manager with managing all claims including the Return to Work program
- Tracks and trends project safety performance (i.e. inspection results, injury rates, safety violations) and recommends corrective/preventive measures for the project team
- Participates in safety preconstruction meetings and pre-task safety planning
- Supports administration of Company ‘Serious Safety Violation Policy’, ‘Vehicle Safe Driver Policy’, ‘Drug and Alcohol Policy’ and others
- Adheres to all company policies, standards, procedures, and core values
- Bilingual English/Spanish. Must have the ability to communicate effectively with monolingual Spanish speakers.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
What We're Looking For:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each previously stated duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability necessary to succeed in this role.
- Education: An industry related Bachelor’s Degree is preferred; High School diploma required. An equivalent combination of education and experience as a dedicated safety professional will be considered. OSHA 500 is preferred; safety professional certification is desirable.
- Experience: A minimum of eight (8) years’ experience of formal safety management experience in the construction industry is required.
- Skills: Individual must have project management, judgment, time management and organizational skills. Ability to take initiative, resolve conflicts, coach project teams and identify/resolve issues in a timely and efficient manner are also necessary skills for a Project Safety Manager. Qualified candidates must have a broad based background in the construction phases, effective communication (verbal and written) and the ability to speak in front of large groups.
- Technology: Candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), and have the ability to learn additional software. Training will be provided on company standards.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
The Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of the Company without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of the Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.
The Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment (minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws). The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace and background checks are required if applicable.